14 August, 2013

In Childhood

Hai Everyone,
                   The best years of one's life are the childhood days. The sweet memories of this period are glorious. They have the freshness of a dream.Those were the days when we were kids and running around the roads of slummy aimlessly. We used to be busy with our friends, family and other activities. It's almost a fairy tale since the time we can count our memories. The childhood days are always better compared to the grown-up or matured times. Childhood days are the time when we live in almost a world of dream.Generally every child spend their childhood into their village.The first memories are always of our direct family.But i spend my childhood in my Grand-ma's village Rallakuppam (Sathya vedu).  I still remember the fond memories of my very early childhood in a place called Rallakuppam. We start walking and talking and observe the surrounding with all possible sagacity to perceive our foundation. Thus we start learning our mother tongue (TELUGU) and imbibe the cultural and social values in our system.

                   The very first memories are always of some mornings in my grand-ma's village. Then I really hated to get up so early as my Grand - ma calls me very tenderly to get up and go to kitchen for morning glass of milk.After that i complete my bath.Then i go to pre-kg Which is located 500 mts away from my Grand-ma's village.it's taking from 9.00 am to 12.30 pm.Then they give us to some sweety sugar.After that we are all return to our houses.One those days the coal is transported from Chennai to Nellore by lorries.some of few coal is falldown from lorries. then we are all search for that coal and carry it to our houses.After we sell it for money.The meals cooked by Grand - Ma were simply most testy foods I ever ate. I remember having all those delicious dishes cooked by my Grand - Ma and some times sensation became so strong that I almost taste the same. Sometimes memory becomes stronger then reality and those testes of PAST waters my mouth now also. I really repent a lot for being so finicky about my food that time. She was really partial in my case as I was the first grand child and she used to spoil me a lot.

                   I used to get everything whatever was my favorite that time for example, Mango pickels, home made delicious fish dish, Chicken curry with black pepper, Mango pachadi and juice, ladu, many types of pickles and thus the list goes on and on.that village was popular for mangoes and Cashew nut fruits and Water melon.I like the Cashew nut fruit.But my grand-ma did not agree when i'm ate Cashew.we are also have mango trees for some while.one another person i'm liking is my Mama(Uncle,brother of my mother).He also liked me.When i'm in childhood he asked me a silly Question.when you are coming?.I Answered I Came Tomorrow.It is the warmth of those young times that shapes one's future. The tenderness of families is what builds our ingrained characteristics and the feel of secured upbringing. But current nuclear families are a different story altogether.After that i leave that village on my 7 years old and return to our native village.I raelly miss that nature,Friends,relatives,etc on that village.

                  So if we think it rationally, even the most ordinary and common quilts can be a basis of so much wistfulness and warm feelings that one would feel like reviewing the time. But past is always past. Some wise people consider its better to leave behind the past and to focus on future. But if we neglect our past then future may be baseless. A warm and rooted past can be a source of strong and beautiful future. Quilts may be an example of many such sources of infinite memories which built our present. Others may have different things which they may relate to with their childhood nostalgia. It is mainly the warm and strong bond which actually matters more then the feeling/thing itself. Long live those memories of lost days in the folds of the warm quilts.....!
               
                              Still now every summer season i was going to that village to enjoy my holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment